From: Roman Zilka <rzilka@××××.cz>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] More ATi driver madness
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 12:52:02
1 > > I ran into that too. Solved it by meddling with the AGP Aperture
2 > > size parameter in xorg.conf (aticonfig will give you the exact syntax).
3 > > My HW is an HP nx6125 laptop with a PCIE Radeon X300, shared mem.
4 > >
5 > > Regards
6 > > -Roman
9 > Okay, I"m not seeing it in aticonfig. And everything I googled about it
10 > mentions setting that up in BIOS, not in xorg.conf. Can you give me the
11 > line(s) from your xorg.conf for me to look at?
12
13 I don't have that xorg.conf within reach now, but aticonfig's
14 --max-gart-size=NUMBER parameter governs over the respective
15 xorg.conf option. Try 32, 64, 128, 256 or nothing at all. Experimenting with
16 Option "UseInternalAGPGART" "yes" # or "no"
17 in combination with various GART sizes might also be worth the time spent.
18 My X works with GART size 128 and the UseInternalAGPGART option omitted.
19
20 -Roman
21 --
22 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list