From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: cmake error on libkdepim compile - Solved
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 03:30:27
1 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> posted pan.2009.01.28.14.30.10@×××.net,
2 excerpted below, on Wed, 28 Jan 2009 14:30:10 +0000:
3
4 > Thanks. BTW, gcc-4.3.3 is out now. I've upgraded but not tried it yet,
5 > tho I will be trying it quite a bit shortly, merging KDE 4.2.
6
7 FWIW, if you merged /any/ gcc (stable or unstable) early today (28th) and
8 going back an unknown but reasonably limited time), you likely merged
9 while toolchain.eclass has a bug that caused some of gcc's *.la files to
10 have an incorrect path. There were in fact several other
11 toolchain.eclass changes today (I checked the logs while working the
12 above bug), so several other bugs may have occurred and been fixed as
13 well.
14
15 AFAIK, the bugs are fixed now. I know the one I was struck with is fixed.
16 So anyone who has merged a gcc over the last week (say), may wish to
17 remerge it, just to be sure. Either that or simply keep this in mind and
18 if you see errors involving libgomp.la, /then/ remerge gcc. That's the
19 bug that hit me.
20
21 Again, this bug was NOT with any particular gcc version or its ebuild,
22 but with an eclass (toolchain.eclass) all the gcc ebuilds use. Thus, it
23 will have affected... probably any gcc merged while the bug was active.
24 It will have certainly affected any with libgomp.la, so at least the
25 gcc:4.2 and gcc:4.3 slots I have merged here, according to equery b
26 libgomp.la. Doing a sync and remerging the gcc in question should fix
27 the issue, as the eclass is now fixed.
32 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman