From: Billy Holmes <billy@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] kernel.org vs. Gentoo-64 bit kernels (xruns)
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 17:09:03
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > None the less, when recording in Ardour I'll be doing a reasonable
3 > amount of disk I/O. Not so much bandwitch - probably never more than
4 > 5-10MB/S on large recordings, but still it's a large number of audio
5 > files and therefore more disk seeking, etc., so I'll want the whole
6 > disk subsystem working well.
7
8 you can control scheduling with
9
10 emerge schedtool
11
12 also, CFQ with the read IO patches appeared to have very good results
13 and honored nice and scheduling priorities between multiple process reads.
14 --
15 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list