From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] "Superblock last mount time is in the future. FIXED" but it isn't...
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 22:51:46
1 On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> Recently my AMD64 machine has started displaying this message at boot
5 >> time. I don't know exactly when it started but I suspect it was when I
6 >> started testing a new kernel that didn't have the RTC enabled when I
7 >> was first testing it.
8 >>
9 >> Anyway, what's the process of fixing this. It says it's 'fixed' at
10 >> boot time but booting again does the same thing. I've got
11 >> e2fsprogs/e2fsck but I'm not sure if it can be used on a mounted drive
12 >> and I figured it best to ask first.
13 >
14 > check /etc/conf.d/hwclock and see if clock_systohc="YES" or "NO".
15 >
16 > I think default is NO, so your computer loses track of time until NTP
17 > syncs over net again.
18
19 I think it's /etc/conf.d/clock and mine has
20
21 CLOCK_SYSTOHC="yes"
22
23 Again, this is a relatively recent problem. Maybe a month ago it was
24 fine, and then somewhere along the way it changed.
25
26 I'm currently executing a 'shutdown -F -r now' command. It found the
27 problem on the first partition, fixed it, rebooted, and that sector
28 seems fixed. It's now working on the second sector. I'll have to see
29 if that fixes all of them, and whether they stay fixed after a
30 powerdown, etc.
31
32 Thanks for the ideas.
33