From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] "Superblock last mount time is in the future. FIXED" but it isn't...
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 22:09:17
1 On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Recently my AMD64 machine has started displaying this message at boot
3 > time. I don't know exactly when it started but I suspect it was when I
4 > started testing a new kernel that didn't have the RTC enabled when I
5 > was first testing it.
6 >
7 > Anyway, what's the process of fixing this. It says it's 'fixed' at
8 > boot time but booting again does the same thing. I've got
9 > e2fsprogs/e2fsck but I'm not sure if it can be used on a mounted drive
10 > and I figured it best to ask first.
11
12 check /etc/conf.d/hwclock and see if clock_systohc="YES" or "NO".
13
14 I think default is NO, so your computer loses track of time until NTP
15 syncs over net again.