From: B Vance <anonymous.pseudonym.88@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] FW: [Numpy-discussion] Fwd: [atlas-devel] ATLAS support letters
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 22:18:11
1 I'm guessing that you misdirected this e-mail.
2
3 On Fri, 2010-02-12 at 23:50 +0200, Nadav Horesh wrote:
6 > -----Original Message-----
7 > From: numpy-discussion-bounces@×××××.org on behalf of Matthew Brett
8 > Sent: Fri 12-Feb-10 21:28
9 > To: Discussion of Numerical Python
10 > Subject: [Numpy-discussion] Fwd: [atlas-devel] ATLAS support letters
11 >
12 > Hi,
13 >
14 > I don't know if y'all are subscribed to the ATLAS mailing list, but,
15 > it would be good if we could find a way of supporting Clint as
16 > strongly as we can.
17 >
18 > Best,
19 >
20 > Matthew
23 > ---------- Forwarded message ----------
24 > From: Clint Whaley <whaley@×××××××.edu>
25 > Date: Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 9:15 AM
26 > Subject: [atlas-devel] ATLAS support letters
27 > To: math-atlas-devel@×××××××××××××××××.net
30 > Guys,
31 >
32 > I go up for tenure this year. The tenure committee has asked me to
33 > get letters of support from ATLAS users so that they can assess the
34 > service impact of my support of ATLAS (I *tell* them it is widely used, but
35 > can I show it other than downloads?). The letter would discuss a little
36 > of what you do, and how you use ATLAS, and the importance of having
37 > ATLAS in furthering your project goals. So, if you are part of an
38 > organization/business/open source project/research project that uses ATLAS,
39 > please contact me if you or a colleague is willing to help with such a letter.
40 > If you know someone at such a place that uses ATLAS, forward this on.
41 > I will be contacting some groups that I know use ATLAS, but I don't
42 > know about the majority of people/groups who do, and I often don't
43 > have records and so forget even the ones I knew used it . . .
44 >
45 > With Goto taking a position at MS, it is all the more important that
46 > I can show my colleagues that ATLAS support and development is a
47 > service to the community, and having it at UTSA helps the university
48 > and department . . .
49 >
50 > Thanks,
51 > Clint
52 >
53 > **************************************************************************
54 > ** R. Clint Whaley, PhD ** Assist Prof, UTSA ** www.cs.utsa.edu/~whaley **
56 >
58 > SOLARIS 10 is the OS for Data Centers - provides features such as DTrace,
59 > Predictive Self Healing and Award Winning ZFS. Get Solaris 10 NOW
60 > http://p.sf.net/sfu/solaris-dev2dev
62 > Math-atlas-devel mailing list
63 > Math-atlas-devel@×××××××××××××××××.net
66 > NumPy-Discussion mailing list