From: Fernando Boaglio <boaglio@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] iPod issue
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 13:25:27
1 Not really... I bought the classic 30gb (5th generation).
2
3 I wish I could run iTunes anyway =/
4
5 On 10/8/07, Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
6 > Fernando Boaglio wrote:
7 > > Hi folks,
8 > >
9 > > Have you guys tried to run iTunes?
10 > >
11 > > Ok, I got gtkPod, but still lacks podcast support and many other stuff.
12 > >
13 > > So I needed iTunes @ my linux box and started working:
14 > >
15 > > 1 - installed qemu following GentooWiki HowTo
16 > > 2 - created xp image disk
17 > > 3 - installed everything including iTunes
18 > > 4 - plugged my iPod, got its ID from lsusb output
19 > > 5 - using -usbdevice tried to run iPod under qemu
20 > >
21 > > And then... my virtual XP was slow as hell and didn't recognize my iPod =(
22 > >
23 > > What can I do now?
24 > >
25 > > Please help =)
26 > >
27 > > []'s
28 > > Fernando Boaglio
29 >
30 > Is this a new ipod? I read somewhere (Slashdot maybe?) that the new
31 > IPds have some sort of key that keeps any other app from using the ipod
32 > except for itunes.
36 > --
37 > Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!
40 > Mark Haney
41 > Sr. Systems Administrator
42 > ERC Broadband
43 > (828) 350-2415
44 >
45 > Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support
46 > --
47 > gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list
53 []'s
54 Fernando Boaglio