From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] iPod issue
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 13:09:36
1 Fernando Boaglio wrote:
2 > Hi folks,
3 >
4 > Have you guys tried to run iTunes?
5 >
6 > Ok, I got gtkPod, but still lacks podcast support and many other stuff.
7 >
8 > So I needed iTunes @ my linux box and started working:
9 >
10 > 1 - installed qemu following GentooWiki HowTo
11 > 2 - created xp image disk
12 > 3 - installed everything including iTunes
13 > 4 - plugged my iPod, got its ID from lsusb output
14 > 5 - using -usbdevice tried to run iPod under qemu
15 >
16 > And then... my virtual XP was slow as hell and didn't recognize my iPod =(
17 >
18 > What can I do now?
19 >
20 > Please help =)
21 >
22 > []'s
23 > Fernando Boaglio
24
25 Is this a new ipod? I read somewhere (Slashdot maybe?) that the new
26 IPds have some sort of key that keeps any other app from using the ipod
27 except for itunes.
32 Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!
35 Mark Haney
36 Sr. Systems Administrator
37 ERC Broadband
38 (828) 350-2415
39
40 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support
41 --
42 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list