From: Fernando Boaglio <boaglio@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] [gentoo-amd64 Gentoo Linux Tuning Guide
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 15:19:55
1 Well Mike,
2
3 It's not about startup time, it's about running time, sometimes the
4 systems freezes
5 a little bit, just like asking for more CPU or RAM.
6
7 My Box = AMD64 3200,1Gb RAM,Nvidia Gforce5500FX,2xHD80gb,Mobo Asus K8V
8 Deluxe,Gentoo64
9
10 My Old Box= Pentium3 1Ghz,512MbRAM,Nvidia Gforce2,2xHD80gb,Mobo Asus,Gentoo32
11
12 I'm a Java developer, I bought this processor for the same reason
13 you'd buy a new
14 processor = get a faster machine.
15