From: Michiel ten Hagen <michiel@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] [gentoo-amd64 Gentoo Linux Tuning Guide
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 15:26:44
1 What happens to your load/cpu usage when this issue occurs?
2
3 What does top say?
4 Any thing in the systemlog?
5
6 Regards,
7
8 Michiel
11 On 4/27/06, Fernando Boaglio <boaglio@×××××.com> wrote:
12 >
13 > Well Mike,
14 >
15 > It's not about startup time, it's about running time, sometimes the
16 > systems freezes
17 > a little bit, just like asking for more CPU or RAM.
18 >
19 > My Box = AMD64 3200,1Gb RAM,Nvidia Gforce5500FX,2xHD80gb,Mobo Asus K8V
20 > Deluxe,Gentoo64
21 >
22 > My Old Box= Pentium3 1Ghz,512MbRAM,Nvidia Gforce2,2xHD80gb,Mobo
23 > Asus,Gentoo32
24 >
25 > I'm a Java developer, I bought this processor for the same reason
26 > you'd buy a new
27 > processor = get a faster machine.
28 >