From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: [SOLVED] Re: traceroute
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 09:37:44
1 Daniel Iliev <daniel.iliev@×××××.com> posted
2 20080630101630.787b95ae@××××××××.com, excerpted below, on Mon, 30 Jun
3 2008 10:16:30 +0300:
4
5 > My glibc is (intentionally) not IDN-enabled, hence my problem with
6 > traceroute. Commenting out that line leads to compiling a working
7 > traceroute for my system.
8
9 Makes sense.
10
11 > Sorry, Duncan, but it seems your problem is not related and this info is
12 > not much help for you. :(
13
14 I'm not too worried about it, at least not yet. There's a good chance my
15 problem was a one-time thing, a combination of a testing version dhcpcd,
16 testing baselayout 2, perhaps the new glibc 2.8, and throw in a couple
17 recent lockups due to X issues after an upgrade that needed a different
18 config. Put them together, particularly with the lockups and resulting
19 unclean reboots, and there's at least a half-dozen different
20 possibilities. As mentioned, I already knew it wasn't directly related.
21
22 I simply threw it in as an odd occurrence, in the hope that it might
23 "click" with something else, giving you the solution. Evidently, it
24 really /was/ unrelated, but you read something about IDN and /that/
25 "clicked" for you. FWIW, I'd have never considered IDN either, but that
26 may well be because I'm pretty much en_US-only. So I'm glad you found
27 that IDN stuff and it /did/ click for you, because that would have
28 otherwise seemed just as unrelated to me as the resolv.conf overwrite did.
29
30 So yes, definitely thanks for posting that resolution. I'd have had not
31 the foggiest idea of looking /there/! Now I do, next time it comes up
32 for me or someone on a group I'm on. =8^)
37 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
40 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list