From: Daniel Iliev <daniel.iliev@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] [SOLVED] Re: traceroute
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 07:16:35
1 On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 23:36:01 +0000 (UTC)
2 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
3
4 > David Klaftenegger <davidweb@××××××××××××.de> posted
5 > 486807D5.2030500@××××××××××××.de, excerpted below, on Mon, 30 Jun
6 > 2008 00:08:21 +0200:
7 >
8 > > For the record, traceroute works for me as well, but I won't notice
9 > > ipv6-related problems, since I have that flag deactivated
10 >
11 > Same here. ~amd64/nomultilib.
12 >
13 > I did have a problem with dhcpcd overwriting my resolv.conf today,
14 > something it's supposedly configured not to do, but I restored it
15 > from backup and haven't had a chance to look into it yet, and that's
16 > a rather different problem, manifested in "name server unreachable"
17 > errors.
20 For the record (in other words for the next time I ask the same
21 question lol) I've identified the problem.
24 traceroute.c, line 161:
25 hints.ai_flags = AI_IDN;
28 getaddrinfo(3):
29 =============
30 AI_IDN If this flag is specified, then the node name given in
31 node is converted to IDN format if necessary. The
32 source encoding is that of the current locale. If the input
33 name contains non-ASCII characters, then the IDN encoding is
34 used. Those parts of the node name (delimited by dots) that
35 contain non-ASCII characters are encoded using ASCII Compatible
36 Encoding (ACE) before being passed to the name resolution
37 functions. =============
38
39 My glibc is (intentionally) not IDN-enabled, hence my problem with
40 traceroute. Commenting out that line leads to compiling a working
41 traceroute for my system.
44 Sorry, Duncan, but it seems your problem is not related and this info
45 is not much help for you. :(
50 Best regards,
51 Daniel
52 --