From: Wil Reichert <wil.reichert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Hard Drive Stress Test Application
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 04:02:06
1 On 4/25/07, Drew <drew.kay@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > > Please share some links to applications that can do some stress test for
3 > > hard disk. Please note that the application should be command line as
4 > > there is no GUI like KDE or Gnome.
5 >
6 > I don't know about stress testing software but I had a handy little
7 > tarball I decompress to stress test storage hardware. 4GB worth of
8 > 1kB--4kB gif images spread across 40 folders. Decompress that to an
9 > ext3 partition, serve it over a network to a windows machine using
10 > samba, and tell windows to view the remote folder in thumbnail view.
11 > Already proven one hardware RAID card wasn't up to the task. :D
12
13 app-benchmarks/stress
14
15 and