From: Drew <drew.kay@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Hard Drive Stress Test Application
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 03:48:32
1 > Please share some links to applications that can do some stress test for
2 > hard disk. Please note that the application should be command line as
3 > there is no GUI like KDE or Gnome.
4
5 I don't know about stress testing software but I had a handy little
6 tarball I decompress to stress test storage hardware. 4GB worth of
7 1kB--4kB gif images spread across 40 folders. Decompress that to an
8 ext3 partition, serve it over a network to a windows machine using
9 samba, and tell windows to view the remote folder in thumbnail view.
10 Already proven one hardware RAID card wasn't up to the task. :D
13 -Drew
14 --
15 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list