From: Phil Turmel <philip@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Kernel-3.8 USB Disconnect
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2013 16:24:55
1 On 03/08/2013 06:22 PM, Frank Peters wrote:
2
3 > But running gpm from the boot script seems to prevent whatever event was
4 > producing those "USB disconnect" messages. If the mouse is not "grabbed"
5 > by something it somehow disconnects.
6
7 Hi Frank,
8
9 There's been on-going work on usb auto powersave for devices that
10 support it, and some reports like yours have popped up (I lurk on lkml).
11 I suggest you search the lkml archives with those keywords, with
12 particular attention to traffic from Alan Stern and Rafael Wysocki.
13
14 HTH,
15
16 Phil