From: Isidore Ducasse <ducasse.isidore@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Gentoo crashing?
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 22:43:50
1 le Tue, 15 May 2007 19:58:40 +0100
2 Antoine Martin <antoine@××××××××××.uk> a écrit:
3
4 > > Try running a later or earlier
5 > > driver, if it's an nvidia or ati. If it's not then you'll need to try
6 > > a different version of Xorg.
7 > IIRC, there are issues with nvidia and framebuffer modes.
8 > Try booting with vga=normal on the kernel command line.
9 >
10 > Antoine
11
12 Yes, I use nvidia-drivers and udev keeps loading the nvidiafb LKM, which doesn't work since we've been presented. I even tried to update udev rules, moving the "nvidia*" rule to "nvidia", so that it would only load the private firmware, but in vain.
13
14 Florent
15 --
16 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list