From: david <abbottdavid@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Gentoo crashing?
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 23:15:09
1 Isidore Ducasse wrote:
2 > le Tue, 15 May 2007 19:58:40 +0100
3 > Antoine Martin <antoine@××××××××××.uk> a écrit:
6 >>> Try running a later or earlier
7 >>> driver, if it's an nvidia or ati. If it's not then you'll need to try
8 >>> a different version of Xorg.
9 >>>
10 >> IIRC, there are issues with nvidia and framebuffer modes.
11 >> Try booting with vga=normal on the kernel command line.
12 >>
13 >> Antoine
16 > Yes, I use nvidia-drivers and udev keeps loading the nvidiafb LKM, which doesn't work since we've been presented. I even tried to update udev rules, moving the "nvidia*" rule to "nvidia", so that it would only load the private firmware, but in vain.
17 >
18 > Florent
19 >
20 >From the guide;
21
22 *Important: * For x86 and AMD64 processors, the in-kernel driver
23 conflicts with the binary driver provided by nVidia. If you will be
24 compiling your kernel for these CPUs, you must completely remove support
25 for the in-kernel driver as shown:
26
27 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/nvidia-guide.xml
30 Powered by Gentoo/Linux