From: Peter Davoust <worldgnat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Gentoo crashing?
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 04:13:02
1 Ok, so I just did a fresh install of 2007.0. I used the same method as
2 before (networkless install and then configured sources from
3 kernel.org), to get my system running again. It crashes far less
4 often, but still has a little trouble with compiling linux sources
5 (that was while using the livecd kernel). However, I'm writing you
6 from the machine in question, so that's a good sign. I'll mess with it
7 and emerge some stuff, try 2.6.20 vanilla-sources and let you know how
8 it goes. I'm also going to try the Linux drivers from the nvidia
9 website. While I trust Gentoo, I'm sure NVidia is more up to date. I
10 don't think I enabled the in-kernel nvidia drivers, so I should be
11 fine.
12
13 -Peter
14