From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] 64-bit or 32-bit?
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 22:22:02
1 Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org wrote:
2 > Currently there is very little support in portage to build 32-bit
3 > software in the 64-bit environment. I don’t know, though, that a truly
4 > multilib Gentoo would be significantly easier to maintain than a
5 > 64+chroot32 Gentoo. The main trouble is that there isn’t a lot of
6 > support for setting up the chroot, either. There’s no ebuild for it.
7
8 There's a pretty brief howto:
9 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/amd64/howtos/index.xml?part=1&chap=2
10
11 If you think it's could be improved, let me know how and I'll try to do sth
12 about it ;)
13
14 Beside that, I've put app-portage/emool into the tree yesterday.. It's a tool
15 which automatically creates a emul-style tarball from a list of depend atoms.
18 Kind Regards,
19
20 Simon Stelling
21 Gentoo/AMD64 Developer