From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] 64-bit or 32-bit?
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 22:22:02
Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org wrote:
> Currently there is very little support in portage to build 32-bit > software in the 64-bit environment. I don’t know, though, that a truly > multilib Gentoo would be significantly easier to maintain than a > 64+chroot32 Gentoo. The main trouble is that there isn’t a lot of > support for setting up the chroot, either. There’s no ebuild for it.
There's a pretty brief howto: If you think it's could be improved, let me know how and I'll try to do sth about it ;) Beside that, I've put app-portage/emool into the tree yesterday.. It's a tool which automatically creates a emul-style tarball from a list of depend atoms. -- Kind Regards, Simon Stelling Gentoo/AMD64 Developer -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-amd64] 64-bit or 32-bit? Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org