From: "Sergio D. Rodríguez Inclan" <srinclan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Playing DVD problems
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 13:15:59
1 Jim Seymour escribió:
2 > Is it possible to play DVD's under Gentoo AMD64? I can mount and read
3 > the discs fine. I have been trying to use Totem to play DVDs and all I
4 > get is "Totem cannot play this type of media (DVD) because you do not
5 > have the appropriate plugins to handle it"
6 >
7 > I found a suggestion in a Gentoo Forum to run this command to find out
8 > what is missing:
9 > emerge -sv gst-plugins | grep -B 2 "Not Installed"
10 > This produced a long list of mostly masked packages. Totem is built with
11 > dvd support and I have the amd64codecs installed. I also have libdvdcss
12 > installed. Is there a good howto on DVD under Gentoo?
13 >
14 > Thanks,
17 Well I use mplayer, is the best for me and play all kind of media stuff.
18 --
19 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list