From: Peter Davoust <worldgnat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Install tips
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 18:06:46
1 I have the extact same card in a Compaq laptop. First, disable DRM in
2 your kernel. Then emerge ati-drivers. If it fails, try to follow it's
3 instructions, but if it fails during compile and gives you no
4 suggestions, then echo "x11-drivers/ati-drivers ~amd64" >>
5 /etc/portage/package.keywords and try again. It should work. If it
6 doesn't, let me know and I'll try to give you some more details. I
7 don't remember much because my last install was a few months ago.
8
9 -Peter
10