From: Ian McCulloch <ianmcc@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Emerge libraries in /usr/lib32 too
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 14:23:01
1 On Mon, 23 Apr 2007, Regis Decamps wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I'd like to run a 32 bits closed-source application.
6 >
7 > Usually, I can do this thanks to emul-x86-* packages.Unfortunately, this
8 > particular application requires a library which is not in app-emulation (I
9 > think).
10 >
11 > What do you advise me to do?
12
13 [....]
14
15 If it is a one-off, and not many other people are likely to want to
16 install it on a 64-bit gentoo, why not just compile and install a 32-bit
17 freealut by hand? as in
18 CXXFLAGS=-m32 ./configure --prefix=/usr/local && make install etc.
19
20 Cheers,
21 Ian
22 --