From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: How much value does llvm provide for a low-use laptop?
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 01:17:46
1 Martin Vaeth posted on Sun, 16 Apr 2017 18:01:00 +0000 as excerpted:
2
3 > Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> If you're not using radeon/amdgpu, you can probably disable it with
6 >> little consequence.
7 >
8 > Googleearth on intel's graphics card becomes unusable slow if mesa is
9 > compiled without llvm.
10
11 Thanks. I wasn't aware Intel graphics used llvm too. Now I am. =:^)
12
13 Does anyone know about nVidia graphics, both servantware and freedomware?
14 I'm guessing the servantware doesn't use it, but the freedomware very
15 well could, if both Intel and AMD are doing so.
16
17 And while we're on the topic, last I knew nVidia had no plans to do
18 wayland with their servantware at all. Any hints of that changing?
23 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman