From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] revdep-rebuild keep on detecting a broken link referred to libqt-mt.so.3
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 20:15:20
1 2008/2/28, manuel <kaos@××××××××××××.com>:
2 >
3 > Hi All,
4 > I've ran revdep-rebuild a couple of times this week and each time i
5 > run it it finds a broken link referred to libqt-mt.so.3 and each
6 > time It emerges
7 > app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-soundlibs-2007112 to correct the problem!
8 > but the broken link is still there!?? I can't fix it! any ideas?
9 >
10 > thanks in advance for your help
11 >
12 > Manuel
15 log in a terminal as user, then do a rm /root/.revdep* and then try again
16 revdep-rebuild. after you do a revdep-rebuild be always sure that no .revdep
17 files are present anymore in the /root/ directory. if there are some present
18 then revdep will continue to cicle through them.
19 another option would be to run revdep-rebuild -i (which stands for --ignore)
20 which would ignore the .revdep files in the /root/ directory. i personally
21 prefer the first option since i know that there aren't any cached revdeped
22 files. if it continues to cycle on the same rebuild after one rebuild then
23 it might be the case of a bug like the one of the gcj use flag in gcc-4.1.
24 try searching on the forum if that might be the case.
29 dott. ing. beso