From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Anybody else having problems with audio/vidio apps and glibc-2.5?
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 02:09:00
2 > > get a tape drive (dlt is great), tar you system onto the tape drive.
3 > >
4 > > If something happens, boot a livecd, and untar from the tape into the
5 > > partitions....
6
7 > A great idea, but a DLT tape drive is well over $1000 here in New Zealand,
8 > and every tape drive I have seen is far more expensive than disk.
9
10 that is, what ebay is great for ;)
11
12 also, tape drives are way more reliable than harddisks. I don't trust them
13 anymore - got bitten too much times.
14
15 Hm, that said, it is time for a backup...
16 --
17 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list