From: Drew Kirkpatrick <drew.kirkpatrick@×××××.com>
To: amd64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] replacing manually installed subversion with portage version?
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 13:39:50
1 I've got a large gentoo server at work that hosts all our subversion
2 data, and it turns out that my boss installed subversion manually
3 instead of emerging it through portage, and thus it's never been
4 updated. I'd like to uninstall it and just use the one from portage
5 so that the package is properly maintained, but I know nothing of
6 subversion.
7
8 The data is actually stored on our raid, I would assume that simply
9 removing the version he installed and emerging subversion would dot it
10 since I believe the actual data is stored in the directory structure
11 itself. But I wanted to get a sanity check before I blow away our
12 subversion database in an uncaffeinated state :)
13
14 Any thoughts, tips, or gotchas?
15 --
16 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list