From: Hanno Meyer-Thurow <h.mth@×××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] openoffice 2 compiles?
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 12:42:47
On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 17:20:03 +1100
Chris Smart <taskara@××××××××××××.net> wrote:

> Greetings, > Just curious if anyone has had any success actually /compiling/ > openoffice 2.0 (from the portage ebuild) on an amd64 platform? > or are people using openoffice-bin or a chroot environment?
Hi Chris, there is an openoffice ebuild on f.g.o [1] for the testversion of with ooo-build patchset which compiles on amd64. Even with 64bit sun-jdk-1.5.x but breaks then on registration of java bits at packaging stage. The tester I got will try with gcj-4 these days. If you build that testversion without java support it merges I guess. There are still some things to know: - gcc3 visibility feature is broken on amd64 for OOo2 - code is partly five years old ... bla bla bla - 64bit hacks are planned for OOo 2.0.x Why I call it 64bit hacks? That patchset for 64bit support lets compile on amd64 but then runtime is still unstable. One thing is to make compile on amd64. The other thing is to make runtime stable. That means some code just does not need fixing but a full rewrite from scratch until it works nicely on amd64. If I say something wrong anyone please correct me! Thanks. Sincerely, Hanno Meyer-Thurow [1] -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-amd64] openoffice 2 compiles? Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl@×××××××××××.at>