From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: sudden sound loss
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 19:46:02
1 On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 12:33 PM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
2 > "Mark Knecht" <markknecht@×××××.com> posted
3 > 5bdc1c8b0804101043pdfacaeep2d6793d11ceac10@××××××××××.com, excerpted
4 > below, on Thu, 10 Apr 2008 10:43:10 -0700:
7 > > I cannot even remember anymore how many times these setting have fooled
8 > > me. I use a lot of audio apps and they have a tendency to leave some of
9 > > these settings in somewhat unknown states so starting here generally
10 > > works for me.
11 >
12 > Same here. No one's an idiot for missing some of those obscure function
13 > settings with even more obscure names, once in awhile. It happens, which
14 > is exactly why I suggested covering the simple basics like that first.
17 I don't know if others have the same problem I do but every time I
18 look at alsamixer I don't have a clue whether something is muted or
19 not. I generally have to hit 'm' a few times to refresh my memory of
20 which way it is set.
21
22 Something about the visual design of that app doesn't automatically
23 trigger for me.
24
25 - Mark
28 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list