From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: sudden sound loss
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 08:14:51
1 2008/4/10, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>:
2 >
3 > On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 12:33 PM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
4 > > "Mark Knecht" <markknecht@×××××.com> posted
5 > > 5bdc1c8b0804101043pdfacaeep2d6793d11ceac10@××××××××××.com, excerpted
6 > > below, on Thu, 10 Apr 2008 10:43:10 -0700:
9 > > > I cannot even remember anymore how many times these setting have
10 > fooled
11 > > > me. I use a lot of audio apps and they have a tendency to leave some
12 > of
13 > > > these settings in somewhat unknown states so starting here generally
14 > > > works for me.
15 > >
16 > > Same here. No one's an idiot for missing some of those obscure
17 > function
18 > > settings with even more obscure names, once in awhile. It happens,
19 > which
20 > > is exactly why I suggested covering the simple basics like that first.
24 > I don't know if others have the same problem I do but every time I
25 > look at alsamixer I don't have a clue whether something is muted or
26 > not. I generally have to hit 'm' a few times to refresh my memory of
27 > which way it is set.
28 >
29 > Something about the visual design of that app doesn't automatically
30 > trigger for me.
33 to me alsamixer is quite a bore. i prefer to use alsa only to configure the
34 modules to load and the starting volumes. after that i use kde mixer to
35 adjust them. i think it's better, clearer and simpler. also i only have
36 front, sw-synth and cd out as mixers, since the other are useless and making
37 them visible might provoke problems like your.
41 dott. ing. beso