From: Dieter Ries <clip2@×××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Xorg upgrade and synaptics driver
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 16:54:15
1 Mansour Al Akeel schrieb:
2 > Hello all:
3
4 Hi,
7 > today I did "emerge --update --newuse --deep world" in order to get the
8 > latest. However, I had to fight a bit to get x11 working, but after many
9 > attempts the mouse pad scrolling is still not working.
12 long time no see, but I am still subscribed and as I had the very same
13 experience today, here's what I noticed:
14
15 First I thought my evdev driven usb mouse section had stolen my
16 touchpad. But there were no hints to that in Xorg.0.log and removing
17 mouse0 from xorg.conf didnt change anything.
18
19 Then I used
20
21 synclient -l
22
23 to see the settings of synaptics.
24
25 There I saw the following line:
26
27 VertTwoFingerScroll = 1
28
29 So I tried scrolling the Mac way, and it worked. Just put 2 fingers on
30 the pad and slide both down.
31
32 To also reenable the edge scrolling, I just had to use
33
34 synclient VertEdgeScroll=1
35
36 and now it is working again.
39 So if that's your problem, maybe my experiences can be helpful.
42 cu,
43
44 Dieter