From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin@×××××××.us>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] how to best run a script at boot
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 16:26:36
1 On Sun, Jul 15, 2007 at 01:36:57PM +0300, Daniel Iliev wrote:
2 > AFAIK the places intended for that purpose are "/etc/conf.d/local.start"
3 > and "/etc/conf.d/local.stop" for starting and stopping custom programs
4 > at boot and shut down time respectively. So, you may want to put that
5 > line in "/etc/conf.d/local.start"
6
7 As an example, I used this once upon a time to tune my ethernet
8 adapter's settings (with mii-tool), since autoneg wasn't working with
9 the switch it was on.
10
11 Dustin
12 --