From: Peter Davoust <worldgnat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Interrupting portage gracefully
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 00:56:43
1 I don't know if this helps, but I usually run emerge <package> && init
2 0 so it shuts off after it's finished (it would be nice if portage had
3 an --shutdownafter option, but oh well). The only problem is that if
4 there's an error in portage it won't shut down. Other than that, try
5 replacing the fan. (Of course if you have a laptop, then that idea's
6 out the window).
7
8 -Peter
9