From: Daniel Gryniewicz <dang@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] kdelibs don't compile after upgrade to GCC 4.1.1 UPDATE
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 14:59:59
1 On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 07:51 -0400, Mark Haney wrote:
2 > >>
3 > >
4 > > I did that before I emerged world, I followed the wiki to the letter for
5 > > this upgrade. However, I did shut my system down after emerging system
6 > > and before emerging world (did make sure system rebuilt completely),
7 > > could that have something to do with it?
11 > I completely walked back through the upgrade process last night. After
12 > an emerge of system, I still do not have that file in
13 > /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.1. Is that file not supposed to
14 > have been created with fix_lib_tools.sh?
17 I don't think that file is supposed to exist at all; at least, I have
18 libstdc++.a and libstdc++.so, but not libstdc++.la. No,
19 fix_libtool_files.sh won't create any .la files; what it does is scan
20 your system looking for .la files with hard references to the old (now
21 gone) compiler, and fix them to point to the new compiler. I'd guess
22 that this is your problem: some .la file on your system had a pointer to
23 libstdc++.la on the old compiler, which was fixed to point to the new
24 compiler, but gcc is no longer installing that file. Try this:
25
26 Run:
27 find / -name "*.la" -exec grep -H libstdc++.la {} \;
28
29 For each hit, use equery b (or equivalent) to find out which package
30 owns that file, and re-emerge that package. I'd guess that should solve
31 your problem, although you may find some of those packages depend on
32 each other, so the order of re-emerging may be important.
33
34 Daniel
37 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list