From: "Conway S. Smith" <beolach@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: -fPIC - Toolchain broken?
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 13:13:40
1 On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 11:54:47 +0200
2 Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl@×××××××××××.at> wrote:
3 <snip>
4 > Speaking of which, is there any way to configure flags per package?
5 > Something like /etc/portage/package.flags, where I can configure
6 > CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS and LDFLAGS?
10 example, I have a /etc/portage/env/app-admin/logrotate-3.7.2 file,
11 without -combine in the C[XX]FLAGS, as it won't compile with -combine &
12 I have -combine in make.conf. I could instead have
13 /etc/portage/env/app-admin/logrotate, but if a future version of
14 logrotate worked w/ -combine, it wouldn't use it unless I removed or
15 edited /etc/portage/env/app-admin/logrotate. Also note that any CFLAGS
16 or CXXFLAGS set in these files completely replace those in make.conf,
17 they are not added to those in make.conf.
20 Conway S. Smith