From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Boycott Systemd
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 19:37:11
1 On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 3:30 PM, Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 > On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 13:22:28 -0500
3 > Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >> As a professional programmer, I completely disagree with any dogma
7 >> based on "philosophy" rather than technical merits.
8 >>
9 >> "So I think many of the "original ideals" of UNIX are these days more
10 >> of a mindset issue than necessarily reflecting reality of the
11 >> situation.
14 > That's not the issue here at all. The issue is the possible
15 > hegemony being imposed by systemd. Whether or not this is true
16 > this issue at least deserves some attention.
17
18 Uh, systemd isn't imposing anything.
19
20 I think you're taking issue with the hegemony being imposed by the 90%
21 of the FOSS community who wants to use systemd. :)
24 Rich