From: Tonko <tonko.mulder@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Silly X question.
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 12:42:42
1 Is xorg-server built with hal? if so than it shouldn't create a new xorg.conf
2 I still don't have one ;)
3
4 On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
5 > I've been mucking around with X lately after the upgrade to the latest
6 > ati-drivers (not proprietary ones) and I followed Duncan's advice and
7 > just pulled xorg.conf completely to see if the X server would manage my
8 > display correctly.
9 >
10 > So, I renamed xorg.conf to xorg.conf.bak and restarted the system. So
11 > far everything looks the same, which I think is a good thing, but I do
12 > not see a new xorg.conf file in /etc/X11. Is that supposed to be the
13 > case? I thought when the system had to detect everything it would
14 > create a new one?
15 >
16 > I do have an xorg.conf~ file sitting in that directory, could the system
17 > be using that one instead?
20 > --
21 > Frustra laborant quotquot se calculationibus fatigant pro inventione
22 > quadraturae circuli
23 >
24 > Mark Haney
25 > Sr. Systems Administrator
26 > ERC Broadband
27 > (828) 350-2415
28 >
29 > Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support
36 Tonko