From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: trouble with both 32bit & 64bit java in firefox
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 05:44:26
1 Daiajo Tibdixious wrote:
2 > On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 10:29 PM, Bob Sanders <rsanders@×××.com> wrote:
3 >> Daiajo Tibdixious, mused, then expounded:
4 >>> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Bob Sanders <rsanders@×××.com> wrote:
5 >>>> Daiajo Tibdixious, mused, then expounded:
6 >>>>> I thought of that, its in make.conf & emerge --info.
7 >>>>> To be sure I rebuild sun-jdk & firefox.
8 >>>>> sun-jdk has the nsplugin use flag set & firefox has the java use flag set.
9 >>>>> Still no plugins, grrr.
10 >>>> Did you re-emerge nsplugin after you rebuilt the jdk and firefox?
11 >>>>
12 >>>> Bob
13 >>> kde-base/nsplugins?
14 >>> Thats not installed. Explains why Konqueror didn't see the plugin.
15 >>>
16 >> Sorry. That's: www-plugins/nspluginwrapper
17 >>
18 >> bob
19 >
20 > I did not have that installed, so I installed it. It supposed to make
21 > 32bit plugins work in 64bit browsers, however nsplugin-wrapper --list
22 > does not show any,
23 > despite emul-linux-x86-java being installed.
24 >
25 > On another note, I installed firefox-bin again, however it is using
26 > the 64bit plugin,
27 > not the 32bit plugin, which has me confused.
28
29 Why do you need the 32-bit plugin if a 64-bit one is now available?
30 Right now, nspluginwrapper is only useful for the Adobe Acrobat Reader
31 plugin which is the only one that doesn't have a 64-bit version. Both
32 Java and Flash now offer 64-bit plugins and hence the wrapper is not needed.