From: Daiajo Tibdixious <daiajo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] trouble with both 32bit & 64bit java in firefox
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 05:14:43
1 On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 10:29 PM, Bob Sanders <rsanders@×××.com> wrote:
2 > Daiajo Tibdixious, mused, then expounded:
3 >> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Bob Sanders <rsanders@×××.com> wrote:
4 >> > Daiajo Tibdixious, mused, then expounded:
5 >> >>
6 >> >> I thought of that, its in make.conf & emerge --info.
7 >> >> To be sure I rebuild sun-jdk & firefox.
8 >> >> sun-jdk has the nsplugin use flag set & firefox has the java use flag set.
9 >> >> Still no plugins, grrr.
10 >> >
11 >> > Did you re-emerge nsplugin after you rebuilt the jdk and firefox?
12 >> >
13 >> > Bob
14 >>
15 >> kde-base/nsplugins?
16 >> Thats not installed. Explains why Konqueror didn't see the plugin.
19 > Sorry.  That's: www-plugins/nspluginwrapper
20 >
21 > bob
22
23 I did not have that installed, so I installed it. It supposed to make
24 32bit plugins work in 64bit browsers, however nsplugin-wrapper --list
25 does not show any,
26 despite emul-linux-x86-java being installed.
27
28 On another note, I installed firefox-bin again, however it is using
29 the 64bit plugin,
30 not the 32bit plugin, which has me confused.