From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] kdepimlibs requiring -kdeprefix?
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 15:14:05
1 On Mittwoch 07 Januar 2009, Mark Haney wrote:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > with kdeprefix everything lands in /usr/kde/<version> which is cool and
4 > > usefull
5 > >
6 > > without kdeprefix everything ends in /usr which is stupid and hurts you
7 > > if you want to try different kde versions - or have several versions
8 > > installed so you can always go back easily when the newest one breaks.
9 > > But it is FHS compliant.
10 > >
11 > > At the beginning gentoo was 'screw stupid standards, do the sensible
12 > > thing' - but in the mean time the 'if there is a standard we have to
13 > > adhere to it no matter how idiotic' crowd has got way to much power.
14 > >
15 > > So k9copy wants the flag set in a special way and depends on kdepimlibs.
16 > > Thank the devs for the mess.
17 >
18 > So, in other words, I HAVE to set this USE flag for kdepimlibs? Why
19 > would k9copy be dependent on that?
20
21 don't know - but is k9copy important for you?