From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] kdepimlibs requiring -kdeprefix?
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 15:18:16
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Mittwoch 07 Januar 2009, Mark Haney wrote:
3 >> Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
4 >>> with kdeprefix everything lands in /usr/kde/<version> which is cool and
5 >>> usefull
6 >>>
7 >>> without kdeprefix everything ends in /usr which is stupid and hurts you
8 >>> if you want to try different kde versions - or have several versions
9 >>> installed so you can always go back easily when the newest one breaks.
10 >>> But it is FHS compliant.
11 >>>
12 >>> At the beginning gentoo was 'screw stupid standards, do the sensible
13 >>> thing' - but in the mean time the 'if there is a standard we have to
14 >>> adhere to it no matter how idiotic' crowd has got way to much power.
15 >>>
16 >>> So k9copy wants the flag set in a special way and depends on kdepimlibs.
17 >>> Thank the devs for the mess.
18 >> So, in other words, I HAVE to set this USE flag for kdepimlibs? Why
19 >> would k9copy be dependent on that?
20 >
21 > don't know - but is k9copy important for you?
25 Not /that/ important. I use it occasionally. I'm just really curious
26 know why that would be needed.
30 Frustra laborant quotquot se calculationibus fatigant pro inventione
31 quadraturae circuli
32
33 Mark Haney
34 Sr. Systems Administrator
35 ERC Broadband
36 (828) 350-2415
37
38 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support