From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: doomsday
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 00:05:08
1 On 03/13/2010 11:21 PM, Chris wrote:
2 > Hi all. I'm a bit of a newb on gentoo/emerge.. so forgive me if I'm
3 > reviving the dead horse for yet another flogging. I just subscribed
4 > and posted without lurking/searching.
5 > I'm trying to get this package to compile on my amd64 box to run in
6 > dedicated server mode (no GUI required). My kernel has IA32 support
7 > compiled in.
8 >
9 > The package in question is hard masked ~amd64
10
11 It's not hard masked. It's only keyword masked. ~amd64 simply means
12 it's currently in testing and not marked stable yet. And actually, only
13 the 1.9.0_beta68 of doomsday is in testing. 1.9.0_beta67 is not even
14 keyword masked.
15
16 Furthermore, your method of installing it:
17
18 ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" emerge doomsday
19
20 is wrong. This is only for testing whether it emerges OK and it will be
21 unmerged again at your next world update. You need to keyword the
22 package in your package.keywords file/directory.
23
24 And no, you can't compile in 32bit mode even if you were using a
25 multilib profile. Gentoo's multilib is not "real" multilib and won't
26 let you build in 32bit mode.