From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] [Slightly OT] hard lock - AMD64/ck-sources/schedtool/qjackctl
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 00:00:36
1 Hi,
2 This is AMD64, but more likely it's me doing something wrong. I'm
3 posting this here as this list suggested I look at schedtool for
4 running SCHED_FIFO on my jackd processes, so I tried it. Clamitous
5 results!
6
7 I'm guessing about how to run it so I tried like the example on the
8 man page for mplayer, except using SCHED_FIFO. Since I have
9 realtime-lsm installed and can normally run jackd realtime as a user
10 I'm using schedtool as a user also. Any known problems?
11
12 mark@lightning ~ $ schedtool -F -p 20 -e qjackctl
13 mark@lightning ~ $
14
15 QJC starts fine:
16
17 mark@lightning ~ $ schedtool 7861
18 PID 7861: PRIO 20, POLICY F: SCHED_FIFO , NICE 0, AFFINITY 0x1
19 mark@lightning ~ $
20
21 If I immediately quit QJC I come back to the command line correctly.
22 This is good.
23
24 If I start the jackd server from within QJC it seems to get SCHED_FIFO
25 priorities:
26
27 mark@lightning ~ $ schedtool 7901
28 PID 7901: PRIO 20, POLICY F: SCHED_FIFO , NICE 0, AFFINITY 0x1
29 mark@lightning ~ $
30
31 However, if at this point I try to stop the jack server from within
32 QJC the machine locks hard and only a reset button push gets it going
33 again.
34
35 I tried it with both gentoo-sources and ck-sources. Same results both ways.
36
37 What am I doing wrong?
38
39 Thanks,