From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] mplayerplu-in failed
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 14:22:42
1 Beso wrote:
2 > 2008/8/22 Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
3 >
4 >> I just tried to update mplayerplug-in (to 3.5.0 I think). And I got this
5 >> message:
6 >>
7 >> configure: Determining mozilla/firefox packages to build against
8 >> checking for MOZPLUG... no
9 >> configure: WARNING: firefox-plugin not found
10 >> checking for MOZPLUG... no
11 >> configure: WARNING: seamonkey-plugin not found
12 >> checking for MOZPLUG... no
13 >> configure: WARNING: xulrunner-plugin not found
14 >> checking for MOZPLUG... no
15 >> configure: WARNING: iceape-plugin not found
16 >> configure: error: Unable to find mozilla or firefox development files
19 >> Is this a bug or is there something I've not configured?
23 > the mplayerplug-in deps are like this:
24 >
25 > firefox + mplayer + mplayerplug-in
26 >
27 > firefox-bin + mplayer-bin + ABI=x86 emerge mplayerplug-in
28 >
29 > the bin packages are 32bit only and so if you're on amd64 then you'll have
30 > to build the 32bit mplayerplug-in with the x86 flag (no emul-linux package
31 > even if would be good to have one since it's ok on multilib to have 2
32 > versions of firefox and mplayer).
33 > i suppose you're on 64bit system and have 32bit firefox without the 64bit
34 > deps and so it cannot find what it needs.
38 Yeah that's the problem. I don't know why it didn't occur to me. Too
39 much for my brain.
42 Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar
45 Mark Haney
46 Sr. Systems Administrator
47 ERC Broadband
48 (828) 350-2415
49
50 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support