From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Quick rsync backup before changing a RAID
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 19:16:23
1 On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm wondering whether -avx is what others would use or whether
3 > there's a better set of options.
4
5 I think that is the typical rsync backup command set as far as I have
6 ever seen. It should work as you expect it to work. Note that if you
7 use ACLs or extended attributes, you would need to additionally
8 specify -A and/or -X since they are not implied by -a.
9
10 On a side note, I recently rsync'ed a drive between computers, one
11 running a Live CD and one not, over ssh, and somehow got all my
12 user/groups mixed up (I guess group 20 on one box was X but on another
13 box it was Y). Luckily I was able to identify it and fix it before
14 things got too broken. I'm not entirely sure what I did wrong, to be
15 honest.