From: Harald Schioeberg <schioebe@××××××××××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Whats dropping multilib?
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 09:53:31
1 On Sat, 2005-09-10 at 00:55 +0200, Sebastian Redl wrote:
2 > Alex Bennee wrote:
3 >
4 > >I updated my profile following the scripts instructions. As multilib is
5 > >a requirement I added it to make.conf but now when I execute emerge with
6 > >--newuse to bring other stuff to sync I find it wanting to rebuild gcc
7 > >without multilib:
10 > Your profile's use.mask contains this:
11 > # Jeremy Huddleston <eradicator@g.o>
12 > # multilib is forced on when we have ${MULTILIB_ABIS} defined
13 > multilib
14 >
15 > In other words, since you used the script to upgrade, the multilib flag
16 > is not a choice, but forced enabled. Don't worry about it.
17 > (make.defaults in the profile defines MULTILIB_ABIS)
18
19 I worry about it... it prevents cross-building gcc from the x86.
20 Gentoo's glibc doesn't support multilib, and as such building the gcc
21 with multilib is clearly a bug. A bug-report is pending (for quite a
22 while now, donno the bug number as bugs.gentoo.org isn't responding, i
23 think it was 97414).
27 Harald Schioeberg <schioebe@××××××××××××××××××××××××××.de>
28 --
29 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list