From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: About to install on a 64 bit system. Advice wanted.
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 16:15:11
1 On Thu, 09 Dec 2010 00:11:20 -0600
2 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > I do have nvidia video cards. I assume the nvidia-drivers package will
6 > work fine with no-multilib? The way I am reading things it will but I
7 > do want drivers that work.
10 Don't forget about the stock nv driver that is supplied by Xorg. It may
11 not have 3D acceleration but it will perform very well for most common
12 activities. Both work as no-multilib.
13
14 I set up my system in a way that allows me to start X with either the
15 nv or the proprietary nvidia driver. For normal activities, which is
16 most of the time, I use nv, but there are some occasions when I require
17 the full power of the proprietary nvidia.
18
19 Frank Peters