From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Is swap need when there is 4g of ram?
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 19:06:56
1 On Mittwoch, 14. März 2007, Bernhard Auzinger wrote:
2 > > swappiness does not help, if swap is really needed (like when compiling
3 > > kdepim).
4 >
5 > I did not reconize yet that kdepim is that hungry at compile time :).
6 >
7 j2 for MAKEOPTS and +kdeenablefinal and after some time each one of the
8 makejobs want 900mb ram. There are two libs where that happens, makes kdepim
9 the slowest-to-compile packet for me. Wesnoth is also an offender. Some
10 versions want 500mb+ at some point when compiling.
11 --
12 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list