From: Richard Freeman <rich@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Can I run a complete desktop remotely?
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 11:00:36
1 Joerg Gollnick wrote:
2 > I played years ago with NX Server ( not FreeNX) over a WAN. It worked well and
3 > was fairly useable. They claim to be more efficient then VNC, as the NX
4 > protocol is interweaved with the X11 protocol itself.
5 > Best regards Jörg
8 I gave up on freeNX on amd64 a while ago - it was just too hard to keep
9 the thing working. It was faster, but it was a real mess getting it
10 working at all (at the time it didn't support 64-bit).
11
12 Perhaps things have changed...
13
14 I'm using tightvnc with Xvnc and it works just fine for remote access to
15 my machine. But don't plan on games or anything like that - many games
16 refuse to launch if they're 3D.

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature