From: Isidore Ducasse <ducasse.isidore@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] chipset temperatures?
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 11:21:36
1 le Sun, 8 Apr 2007 15:42:49 -0700
2 "Mark Knecht" <markknecht@×××××.com> a écrit:
3
4 > Hi,
5 > I have an Asus A8N-E motherboard which had a motherboard chipset
6 > fan go bad yesterday. After doing some reading I found many folks have
7 > had this same problem and switched successfully to Zalman passive heat
8 > sinks so I did the same thing today. The machine has been up for about
9 > 4 hours with no problems. So far so good....
10 >
11 > My question is how can I monitor chipset temp from my my desktop to
12 > watch this for awhile? If I drop into BIOS I see a temperature listed
13 > and had to turn off boot time warnings about the chipset fan going to
14 > slow so it seems the BIOS knows what's going on.
15 >
16 > Is there a way for me to do this in Gnome?
17 >
18 > Thanks in advance,
19 > Mark
20
21 Try sys-apps/lm_sensors and gnome-extra/hardware-monitor . You'll find more info at
22 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Sensors
23 --
24 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list