From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Glibc-2.10.1 Breaks Pdnsd
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 21:52:43
1 On Mon, 18 May 2009 23:19:41 +0200
2 Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > have you tried revdep-rebuild?! and rebuilding pdnsd?!
8 Pdnsd links only against libc and libpthread, both of which are
9 part of the glibc package.
10
11 Pdnsd will compile with the new glibc but the pdnsd log indicates
12 a lot of query failures. I don't know much about the core routines
13 that are used for DNS, but glibc provides those. Most likely some changes
14 to these glibc routines have caused pdnsd to fail.
15
16 My guess is that pdnsd needs to be patched, but according to the pdnsd
17 web site, the project has been temporarily suspended and maintenance
18 has stopped.
19
20 Frank Peters